Caramelicious Bûche de Nöel
For the coconut sponge biscuit
60gm shredded coconut
30gm plain flour
50gm melted butter
For the ganache : 1 jar 280g of Caramelicious Salted butter
- Preheat your oven to 180*
- Mix the coconut and flour
- Separate the white of the egg yolks. Beat the white with 20g of sugar: Start with a pinch of salt then as soon as the white start to foam increase the speed while incorporating the sugar. Briefly beat the egg yolks with a fork, stir remaining sugar and whisk to dissolve sugar to double in size the mix.
- With a spatula gently fold the white in the mix of egg yolks and sugar. Take 2 spoonful of the preparation that you mix with the cool melted butter, then add this mixture to the batter intimately.
- Pour the batter into a baking mold (I use a 31x21cm) smooth with a Spatula and bake for 7 to 9 minutes.
Once baked, cover with a damp cloth to prevent drying and facilitate the roll-out. Leave it to cool.
- Place the sponge biscuit on baking paper, spread Caramelicious to ½ cm to the edge and roll the “Bûche” gently but tight. (put the jar in hot water a few second to work with the caramel easily) Wrap in plastic wrap and leave in the fridge for 1 hour.
- Carefully remove the wrap and place the Bûche on a plate. Cover with Caramelicious and decorate to your taste. Here I use a fork to give the effect of the bark, cut one end and place it on top to look like a knot. I sprinkled icing sugar for snow. You can also place fruits like blueberries around it.
Voila!! A taste of French Christmas.