½ Litre of milk
2 teaspoons of vanilla extract
Caramel: 4 tablespoons of Caramelicious Salted caramel or any flavour
- Preheat your oven to 180*
- Boil the milk, and in a large glass bowl mix the rest of the ingredients.
- Pour the boiling milk over the mixture while whisking everything together.
- In a large glass bowl or ramekins, spread evenly the salted butter caramel over the bottom of the dish, tilt the moulds to coat all of the surfaces with the caramel. Pour the mixture in.
- Place the pan or ramekins inside of a larger dish and fill it with water to cover the side of bowl or ramekins and set in the oven.
- Bake for 1 hour “bain-marie” if using a large bowl, and 45 minutes for ramekins.
- Remove the flan from the water bath, and let it cool for at least 15 minutes.
- To serve, run a knife around the edges of the dish to loosen the flan, then invert onto a serving dish.