250g Digestives/shortbread Biscuits
135g unsalted butter, melted
450g full-fat cream cheese
100g icing sugar
1 tablespoon Vanilla bean extract
1 tablespoon Sea Salt flakes
300ml Double cream
Caramel : 150g of Caramelicious Salted caramel
- Blitz the biscuits in a food processor and mix the biscuits with the melted butter.
- Spread on the bottom in a tin. Leave to set in the fridge.
- Using an electric mixer whisk the cream cheese, vanilla and icing sugar until smooth
- Add the caramel and whisk again until smooth and lump free
- Once done remove the weights and cook again for another 8-10 minutes
- Pour in the double cream and the Salt flakes and continue to whisk for a couple minutes until it's very thick Now this could take up to 5 minutes – it will hold itself completely when finished mixing (like a meringue does!)
If you don't whisk enough it will not set enough.
- Spread over the biscuits base and leave to set in the fridge overnight.
- Remove the cheesecake from the tin carefully
Drizzle over some of the spare caramel.