Chocolate Salted Caramel Pavlova
- Preheat oven to 100°c
- Place egg whites and 350g sugar in the bowl of a stand mixer. Start to whisk on low speed (#2) for about 5 minutes.
As soon as you find little bubbles turn the mixer up to high and continue to whisk.
- Add the corn starch and vinegar. While the meringue is still whisking add the last 50g sugar a Tablespoon at a time and continue to whisk until you have a firm, stiff meringue mixture.
- Drizzle the melted chocolate onto the top to the meringue and gently fold the chocolate through.
- Spoon large dollops of this meringue onto greaseproof lined baking trays. Continue to drizzle the chocolate and fold and scoop the meringue onto the trays until all the mixture is used.
- Place the trays into the oven and bake for about 2 hours, or until the meringues come away from the baking paper without sticking.
- Melt the salted caramel, bain marie the jar to make the caramel into a sauce.
- To build the pavlovas, dollop some whipped cream onto the top of the meringues and top that with the caramel sauce and roasted peanuts.
- Leave to cool before pouring this over the whipped cream
200g egg whites
1 Tbsp corn starch corn flour
1 tsp white vinegar
100 g chocolate melted and cooled
125 g whipping cream softly whipped
Honey roasted peanuts
Caramel: 280g jar Caramelicious Salted caramel